Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Stereotype

What is stereotype? I think it is they reflect ideas that groups of people hold about others who are different from them.


Media is the causes of stereotype, because when we watch a cartoon, the first thing come out of my mind is mickey mouse. This is because when i was small i use to be watching mickey mouse and it definitely cant erase it from my brain, i think it is because it always brings happiness to me not even me for some of the people who have watch mickey mouse before also will think as like me......




However, there are two type of stereotype either positive like (tall people are good on basketball) or negative like (thin girls are crazy on diet). This is why stereotype ignore the uniqueness of individuals by painting all members of a group with the same brush.


Stereotype can also quit use full one media because it provide a quick identity for a person to make it more easily to known by the audience.





3 comments:

  1. I like your elaborating on stereotype.. And the picture of mickey mouse.. reminds me of my childhood days.. Hahahaaa.. Media easily influence people.. U are totally right about that..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right. People always ask me, "Do you play basketball?"
    I answer, "No, why?"
    Reply, "Cause you are tall."

    No way...I cant play any ball game. And I'm not really tall too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes,you are right,i agree what you said,when u wan watch cartoon,first thing that i remember is that mickey mouse that i watch when i small.

    ReplyDelete